According to analysis by Cognitive Market Research, the market size of role-playing games is expected to grow from $18.73 billion in 2021 to $38.46 billion by 2029, at a CAGR of 9.4% from 2021 to 2029.
A role-playing game (RPG) is a type of video game in which the player controls a fictional character (or characters) who undertake missions in fantasy settings. In this type of game, the player assumes the identity of the character while playing. RPGs can be set in many fantasy worlds and allow players to take on multiple characters. Players get a first-person perspective on the character’s experience as they are immersed in their own world throughout the game. The RPG genre often consists of NPCs (non-player characters), side missions, downloadable content (DLC), and longer story arcs. According to research, the mobility and popularity of mobile his devices created an ideal environment for RPG players, which is why most players switched to his RPGs, accelerating the growth of the RPG market. However, playing role-playing games can be addictive and cause you to waste money. Likewise, playing role-playing games can waste time and family relationships. However, in the last few years, there has been a significant increase in engagement between gamers and players. This paved the way for entry into the gaming industry, where online competition is the mainstream. This is expected to boost the growth of the role-playing games market.
Read the full report with table of contents:
Regional Analysis For Role-Playing Games Market:
• Asia-Pacific dominates the role-playing game market due to its large number of players. Mobile gaming data for 2022 shows that Asia accounts for more than half of her business, with revenue from over 905 million users to her $34.114 billion. About 61% of Asia’s income, or her $21.02 billion, comes from China alone.
• All-Correct Games blog estimates there will be around 250 million mobile internet gamers in Southeast Asia by 2021. Among Southeast Asian countries, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore and the Philippines are the six most important countries for mobile gaming.
Top players involved in the role-playing games market:
– Some of these players are:
• Activision Blizzard
• Nintendo Co., Ltd
• Bethesda Softworks
• Electronic Arts
• Ubisoft Quebec
• Gearbox software
• Large scale
• Ubisoft Reflections
• red storm
• square Enix
Manufacturer’s current trends:
• In September 2022, Tatsumeeko, an Ethereum and Solana role-playing game developed by the company behind Discord chatbot Tatsu.GG, has partnered with Immutable X. (IMX). The deal focuses on the transfer of traceable ownership and in-game assets with the goal of improving the Tatsumeeko gameplay experience. Web3 games are powered by his Immutable X, a layer 2 Ethereum scaling solution. Tatsumeeko makes it easier to sell his Aethereal Parcels, a type of virtual land. This collaboration will enable a more secure and streamlined trading experience for players, including the ability to hide or reveal Tatsumeeko’s cryptographic layer, and leverage credit cards to acquire digital assets. Also, in order for Tatsumeeko to stand out from other GameFi initiatives, it should prioritize experience over allowing play-to-earn methods.
• In March 2022, Netflix, Inc. entered into a merger agreement to acquire Next Games (NXTGMS). Next Games’ experienced management team, track record of successful mobile games based entertainment properties, and strong operational capabilities complement Netflix’s plans to grow its in-house game studio capabilities. Next Games develops and manages engaging mobile games with a strong social fandom focus for a broad audience. The company’s aim is to create video games based on well-known entertainment properties such as Stranger Things: Puzzle Tales, a puzzle role-playing game (RPG) based on one of Netflix’s most famous shows.
• Based on type, the MMORPG segment dominates the role-playing game market due to its several advantages.
• Based on platform, the mobile RPG segment dominates the market by capturing high revenue market share. This is due to the increasing number of mobile game players.
• Based on distribution channel, the online microtransaction segment dominates the market. This is because online microtransactions allow players to obtain in-game currency or virtual goods to enhance their gaming experience.
• Video game software market – https://www.cognitivemarketresearch.com/video-game-software-market-report
• Browser game market – https://www.cognitivemarketresearch.com/browser-game-market-report
• Online microtransaction market – https://www.cognitivemarketresearch.com/online-microtransaction-market-report
• 5G Infrastructure Market – https://www.cognitivemarketresearch.com/5g-infrastructure-market-report
Cognitive market research
20 N State Street, Chicago,
United States: +1 312-376-8303
Europe and UK: (+44) 20-8144-9523
Asia Pacific: (+852) 81930785
About Cognitive Market Research Firm:
Cognitive Market Research has evolved into a leading market research and consulting firm, providing services across multiple domains. Cognitive Market Research collects and analyzes data on customers, competitors, distributors and other market participants and operates across the value chain. As a market research firm, we follow a complete process of gathering information on target markets and end-use industries to validate a product or service’s complete journey in the global market. It helps readers understand the demand and viability of a product/service and how it works in the real world, and build their business strategies accordingly.
This release was published in openPR.