Gaming is the fastest growing segment of the global entertainment industry. So it makes sense that GameFi is the biggest draw for cryptocurrencies.
according to new research 3 out of 4 global investors released by ChainPlay are participating in cryptocurrencies for GameFi (where gaming meets decentralized finance).
GameFi saw huge growth in 2021, but this was not an industry that could boast compelling, fully-realized games, primarily as a concept and investment opportunity. That’s a long way off, according to the founders and project leaders. Kieran Warwick (irbium), Kent Byers (Civitas) and Don norbury (shrapnel).
GameFi related projects such as Axie Infinity (AXS), The Sandbox (SAND). irbium (ILV); STEPN (GMT); GALA; Immutable X (IMX) and bucket mowers reached market peaks at the end of last year after showing significant gains and momentum at various times during last year’s bull market. did.
In fact, ChainPlay’s research revealed that many of the 68% of GameFi investors who entered the market in the last 12 months did so at the end of last year.
Since then, like everything else in crypto, things have cooled dramatically, but the report has revealed some notable things.
Profitable, but not without fun
• Unsurprisingly, the ‘Fi’ side of GameFi is the top motivator for people investing in crypto games, with 51% of respondents citing profit as the top reason to participate.
• However… 81% said they would prioritize the fun factor of a game over financial gain when it comes to future/developing GameFi projects.
• Respondents seem to believe that projects should prioritize improving game quality, with revenue as a secondary goal.
• Also, said so… 62% of these investors have lost more than 50% of GameFi’s profits in the last six months, and this is largely blamed on poorly designed in-game economies.
• According to 58% of respondents, the top reason GameFi’s profits are declining is “poorly designed in-game economics”.
• GenZ Average Distribution of Crypto Investors 52% net worth to GameFi 43% of female investors say they joined GameFi out of curiosity.
• Nearly 44% of investors believe that the main driver of GameFi’s growth in 2022 will be the entry of traditional game companies into the crypto space.
Animoka advances to Japan
Animoka brand, etc. stock head I’ve mentioned it countless times, but it’s a powerhouse of investment in cryptocurrencies and NFT games. sandbox owner have GameFi Pie Fingers It spans the entire universe, different ecosystems and countries, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
Through its subsidiary, Animoka Brands Japan, it is trying to enter the Japanese market.
Office clearly We have raised US$45 million at a US$500 million valuation to help focus on all things metaverse and web3 infrastructure.
There is a strong correlation between the Metaverse and GameFi, and many cryptocurrency games aim to build vast digital worlds.
BR3AKING: MUFG, Japan’s largest bank, has become a new Animoca Brands Japan partner with a mission to drive Web3 adoption.
Animoca Brands Japan has raised $45 million at a $500 million valuation.
— Metaverse (@themetav3rse) August 26, 2022
According to the announcement, both MUFG Bank, Japan’s largest bank, and parent company Animoka Brands, which was valued at around $5.9 billion when we last checked, helped raise the funds.
One of the objectives of the Japanese company is to help grow the Japanese NFT ecosystem, which will likely be focused on one of the biggest use cases for NFTs today: GameFi.