To deliver TechCrunch’s biggest and most important story summary to your inbox daily at 3:00 pm PST Subscribe here..
Hello and welcome to the Daily Crunch on Thursday, March 10, 2022! After finishing the live taping of equity, I am writing to you. So I’m still full of adrenaline. Doing things live is really fun, so I’m glad to bring you lots of news about our upcoming live events! TC session climate is comingOpenView Ventures Kyle Poyar is in the early stages to discuss software pricingJust announced Luminar’s Austin Russell attends next event focused on mobility.. TechCrunch will be a busy year. I’m looking forward to seeing you! – – Alex
TechCrunch Top 3
- Latest technical response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine: Today’s headlines are pretty much the same as before, with major tech companies moving to isolate the Russian government and economy.This time’round Amazon, Microsoft and Google have stopped selling in the cloud in RussiaGoogle Add air raid alerts to Ukrainian Android devicesWhen Google Play and YouTube suspend payments in Russia..
- What kind of NFT recession? Today, TechCrunch has several Data points that appear to indicate at least a short-term slowdown in NFT trading activity.. on the other hand, Two major investors are backing $ 30 million in funding I want to invest in NFT art. That is, a little column A and a little column B.
- Colombian payments startup Yuno raises $ 10 million: Readers’ demand for this work was so high that we will emphasize it today. Mary Ann Azebed As the Latin American startup market matures, more and more people are leaving the unicorn to set up new companies. Yunho is one such company, founded by a former Rappi resident.
Startup and VC
As always, a lot is happening, but before digging into the startup, flip the script over and start with venture news. TechCrunch I wrote about Antler East Africa. It has just raised $ 13.5 million for early-stage startups... The company reports that it is a blend of venture funds and accelerators.
Next, let’s knock out the huge round of the day. The first is the month of the Nordic online bank.this Raised $ 77 million rounds with a $ 2 billion valuation.. As part of the news, Lunar also released crypto trading and B2B payment services. And people said Neobank funding was dead! Also, there was news from Stilt today. Raised $ 114 million in equity and debt for the credit API.. Moreover, Typeform raised 9 numbers.. The company reached an ARR of $ 70 million last year.
Well, the rest of the news:
- Zetas raise for surgical imaging technology: Boston-based and with the required Harvard pedigree, Zeta Surgical will provide $ 5.2 million this week with accurate surgical imaging guidance for non-invasive surgery performed outside the operating room. I got out of the stealth state with the goal of.
- Curacel wants to help technology companies offer insurance: Speaking of startup niches that might seem to have raised money for a while, InsurTech like Neobank isn’t dead either! Curacel provides APIs that allow other companies such as FinTech and E-Commerce to offer insurance products.
- Sure, Mobileye will be public, but Autobrains is like bringing it.: Israel-based Autobrains has raised $ 19 million in rounds with a $ 120 million valuation to continue working to make self-driving cars work. Indeed, Mobileye could be worth $ 50 billion. That doesn’t stop small businesses from claiming to have bitten an apple.
- Instead of reinventing Excel, just fix it?? This seems to be a pitch that Data Rails is making to raise the type of funding that lives in the well-known Microsoft spreadsheet app.Many startups are building something to win people out Of the spreadsheet. It’s great to see the company not take that approach.
And to conclude us Instacart is building features for shoppers in the store..our Growth questions about the company remain..
How to calculate startup TAM, SAM, SOM
For many first-time founders, calculating the size of the market they want to compete with is one of their biggest challenges.
Calculating TAM, SAM, and SOM sounds like an existential exercise, but veteran investor and entrepreneur Marjorie Radlo-Zandi needs to be afraid “if you systematically approach the market size.” there is no.
In a TechCrunch + comprehensive article, she details the steps needed to get these key metrics.
(TechCrunch + is a membership program that helps founders and start-up teams move forward. You can sign up here.. )
Big Tech Co., Ltd.
- You can easily exchange modes on Twitter: What I like about Twitter is that you can get tweets in chronological format. That’s the only way I want to interact with the service. However, some people prefer to have Twitter’s overloaded robots (reads: algorithms) do the sorting. Now you can switch between the two more easily in the app.
- Hey google, pay my parking fee: Unfortunately, Google doesn’t lend debit cards, but its mobile operating system works with Park Mobile to make it easier for users to pay parking fees. If this works, let’s spread it.
- DoorDash wants to help you return the package: The food delivery market is not endless. It’s also competitive to launch because there are multiple competitors in almost every market that can be named. And with the growth expectations of the public market being cast, you shouldn’t be surprised that DoorDash is looking for a TAM booster.
- Google works on data portability: Major platforms do not want their data to leave the domain. After all, data is power, and businesses want more. But in recent years, Google has reported that it’s tackling this issue after technology has fought with the EU over a data issue.